Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Organizing: The Linen Closet

This is the second time since we moved into our new place that I felt the need to reorganize this closet. It's in a hallway across from our laundry room on the second floor. The way I had it organized just didn't feel right and I was noticing a few things that definitely needed to go.

I will report that this reorganization started because I thought I should check expiration dates on the few medicines in the closet. One thing leads to another sometimes. 

Here are a few shots of before: 


Towels on two shelves, cleaning supplies on top shelf, and sheets and other linens tucked below.


Those are beach towels in a bag on the floor along with batteries and flashlights for emergencies. 


I decided to let go of an extra shower curtain that we had in our guest bathroom, two sets of large shower curtain rings, and a twin mattress cover we do not have a bed for. 


Above, the empty blue bin and power strip have been relocated. 
The items below are trash, all expired or will not use. 


I relocated some cat items to a drawer in the closet, from a large bin in our laundry room. I also move the cat food to the closet from the laundry room. In the bin I took the cat items from, I added a set of sheets, a twin dust ruffle and a set of curtains that had been in this linen closet. 


Sort of folded like KonMari. 


Ready for the after shots?


Beach towels, cleaning supplies and some wipes and hand sanitizer on first shelf. 
Second shelf towels stacked by size with wash clothes in the white container.


Third shelf, pictured above, is Q-Tips, cotton balls, and various toiletries and medications. 

The fourth shelf, below, is the cat food container, three drawer organizer with items for the cat, less often used yet random items, and bathroom items for when guests visit. 


And finally, on the floor is the toilet plunger, and the container with flashlights and batteries. 
I'm considering moving that container to another closet in the home. So look for it to show up in another organizing post!

Visually, this closet is much more appealing to my eyes! I hope you see it too! I feel like it's being used more efficiently for our needs. And in the process I moved items out that were expired, items we no longer need and items we rarely use (the extra sheets and curtains). 

Have you reorganized a closet recently? Do you need to check your medications for long past expiry dates? 

No comments:

Post a Comment