Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Christmas Mission: Baking Ingredients Purchased

I'm plugging away at my holiday preparations! If it seems like I'm doing this early it is because I want to carve out time to relax and enjoy the season in the couple weeks before it arrives. I want to be available to go see Christmas lights, attend a Christmas themed event, or simply just put my feet up and watch a Christmas movie. 

The next task I can nearly cross off my list is the purchase of all the non perishables on my baking ingredient list. 


I put about half the items on my list over the last two weeks of regular grocery shopping. This means no extra trips and just a little extra was added to the weekly grocery budget. 

Yes, I will have to go back for eggs! Those are for pumpkin pie which I will make just before Christmas day. I will make a point to check my baking ingredient list just before my weekly grocery shopping to see if I need any of the items for that week's baking. 

I do want to point out for a less stressful holiday, it can be worth it to buy items already prepared. We don't have to make it all from scratch.  In fact, it is probably far healthier not to make (and then eat) these sugar laden desserts! The holidays come whether we prepare or not. Do what makes you joyful and glad, not that which is stressful. I just happen to like some of the baking and cooking! 

Are you baking any treats for Christmas? Are you making Thanksgiving dinner or a dish to share? Did you make your ingredient list? Have you purchased your ingredients?


No comments:

Post a Comment