Monday, November 4, 2019

Inspired But Not Planned

This summer I picked up four free light green adirondack chairs, two of which are on my front porch. I started thinking about how I may want to decorate the porch this year for Christmas, and realized I might like some pillows for the green chairs. Something in red was coming to mind.

I took myself for a date at Joann's Fabric, and picked up two yards of Christmas fabric on clearance. Likely last years stash! By the way I bought one yard too much...I only needed one yard for my pillow project. 

I got to work using Martha Stewart's instructions for an Envelope Backed Pillow Cover


Keep in mind this decorating project was not planned, simply inspired by the new to us chairs. Chairs we didn't own last year! I really don't try to find projects to do in the midst of the holiday season, but I trust that when they are inspired they are the right thing to do. 

I made two covers and put them on premade pillow inserts. Here's how the pillow looks on the green chair. 


This chair happens to be on our back porch, but I really like how it turned out! I will share front porch pictures once we actually get the decorations out this year. I don't really recommend projects like this in the midst of busy season, but I did get a lot of joy out of making the pillow covers and I'm looking forward to a little refresh of our front porch this Christmas!

Be kind and gentle to yourself! Know when a task or project will bring you joy or stress. Choose only those that bring you joy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment