Friday, November 1, 2019

Photo Gift Preparations!

I'm making my husband a photo album this year, primarily made up of him and our girls through the years. They are in college now, and I just want him to have an easy place to reminisce. Three quarters of the photos taken in their childhood are in digital form, and the rest filed in boxes. While organized, this doesn't always make it easy to review and enjoy the photos! 

One of my very first steps is complete! I located a stack of printed photos I had pulled from boxes much earlier this year. I was aiming for Father's Day. Oops! The second step is to actually scan these printed photos, so they can be uploaded to the printing website I am using to design the photo book. 

I decided to make a space to accomplish this since I don't officially have dedicated office space. I stole my youngest college daughter's bedroom! 


I added a couple Christmas gift bags to make the area festive! I hope this also reminds me to keep focused, so I can get it complete in time. I don't want a repeat of Father's Day! 

I will also use the space to have our external hard drive at the ready so I can search many, many years of digital photos for the smiling faces of our daughter's with their dad. 

I want to have this project complete very soon, so I can transition this space to a dedicated gift wrap station for the season.  A gift wrap station can make wrapping a gift or two at time super easy. Yes, I will share my setup here when the time comes. In the meantime, check out this post for a set up I had a few (actually five) years ago in another home. 

Are you making any gifts this year? Do you have the time scheduled to get this completed in time? Do you also need to set up a dedicated work space? 

No comments:

Post a Comment