Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Planning October: November Calendar

I'm planning in October for November! And November is when we are really going to get a bulk of our Christmas preparations done. The more we can accomplish in November helps reduce the amount of work and stress we can have in December. I personally have done this for many years and it works, that's why I'm sharing with you!



Here is what I am putting on my calendar in November: 
  • Haircut appointment
  • Evaluate clothes for holiday season, plan a shop day if needed
  • Address Christmas cards (only five this year)
  • Buy stamps and pick up mailing boxes
  • Shop for baking ingredients
  • Two baking sessions
  • Two to three sessions to work on a photo book
  • Two to three shopping sessions (in store and/or online)
  • Set up gift wrap station
  • One to two gift wrap sessions
Just a few notes on the above items: I already have Christmas cards on hand. The items I bake will be frozen and they will taste just fine when thawed in December. I will not order the photo book until I find the right deal and know I will be home when it is delivered. I have gift wrap on hand, I simply just find a corner of a room to have it sit out for a couple weeks, so I can do quick wrapping sessions. I will try to keep my shopping trips combined with other errands or to and from other activities to save me time. This is where pre-shopping online can help you know if a store carries the item you are looking for!  

We are traveling around Thanksgiving, so I have primarily three weeks to get these things done. I feel pretty confident these are manageable. I do not think all of my shopping will happen prior to the trip, but very soon after, preferably by December 6. I will also be saving some baking for December, as that is when I expect to have more time and it's part of what makes the season festive and fun!

What tasks from your Christmas to do list will you accomplish in November? No worries it is not too late to make a to do list! Start this week and make a plan to do something in November that will help you stress less in December! 



No comments:

Post a Comment