Friday, August 7, 2020

Healthy Habits Progress

I'm nearly to the end of my first week of the Healthy Habits Challenge! 

I thought you might like an update on my progress. This post is just the highlights and sneak peek at my tracking chart. In the coming days (while I'm on vacation), I will post more details on each area. 

I have met my water goal, exercise, meditation, affirmation and social media goals every day. Yes, I'm doing five healthy habits consistently! My walking goal is the easiest as I was already doing that everyday. I have just added two extra laps to my normal routine.

I'm struggling a little with my healthy eating. It's not that I am eating terribly, because I have still had salads and smoothies, and met some of my goals in that category everyday. I know that these goals will get easier in time. I'm pondering if the goals were not defined well, or if I am just disappointed that I cannot check them off easier. On two of them I can't really check them off as complete until I am done eating for the day.  

My goal for healthy eating overall is to eat clean as much as possible. This means plenty of fruits and vegetables, limited animal protein, low or no processed carbs such as pasta, bread, crackers or chips. And little to no sugar too! I may need to figure out another way to track this. I am open to ideas! 

Here's my chart. I'm making note at the bottom of each column with how many out of the nine habits I am completing each day. 

The upcoming posts are more thoughts on the specific goals I worked on and how I am making them new habits. I expect I will shift my goals while on vacation, so I will share that when I return. 

Give me an update on any health goals you are working on! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the Healthy Habits tracker - is this something I can download to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - went back to some old posts. I found where you shared the link. You are inspiring me to start some healthy habits. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it! I'm not getting good notification of comments. Something to figure out.

      Delete