Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Holiday Home Progress Week Three

Yes, yes, it is September and I am planning and preparing for the holidays. Very loosely. 

I'm following a holiday preparation plan from Organized Home, and last week I worked on week three of the plan. I have found that the earlier one starts to think about and prepare for the holidays the less stressful and more enjoyable they are. At least they are for me!

Last week the suggestion was to clean up and declutter the Master bedroom to have a calm place to retreat to during the holidays. Good idea! 

Our bedroom is not very chaotic, but it can always use some deeper cleaning and decluttering. I focused on the blinds and extended that chore to all the upstairs window blinds (just four). This was a goal nearly all summer! I finally just sat down and did it while watching a few YouTube videos. So glad that is off my list! 

I decluttered all five drawers of our dresser and found just a few items to let go of, primarily socks! I also rearranged things in the drawers so it looks more tidy. I would still like to have my husband and I go through our closet and see if there are items to let go...maybe next weekend?! Fingers crossed he might be willing. 

On the Christmas planning front, I made a list of who we are sending cards to and started brainstorming gift ideas. I may be buying a few things soon! I also peeked at the gift wrap. We are in need of scotch tape. We have plenty of gift wrap, tissue, gift tags and bows. We also have plenty of gift bags, and would only need to buy if we have a bigger gift that we would want to put in a gift bag. I will wait to see if that becomes a need. 




Except for the blinds the tasks were all around fifteen minutes. A little here and there makes a difference! What can you do this week to prepare your home for the holidays? What would feel good to get off your procrastination list?


2 comments:

  1. I brainstormed some gift ideas for S. And L's birthday too. I need to look through wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Just a little attention early makes a big difference.

      Delete