Thursday, October 29, 2020

Reorganizing Kitchen Drawers and More

Did you know that re-organizing is a thing? That you can get a do over with how you keep your things contained? I'm sure it's not a mind blowing concept, but it sure can feel mind blowing to make some tweaks and realize how much better the result is. 

Here are some of the drawers in my kitchen I wanted to tweak:


Vitamins mixed in with kitchen tools. A larger drawer with extra room.


A drawer we keep clean cat dishes in and essential oils. It was used for small cans of cat food, but now the ones we buy are larger so they are kept below this drawer. 


A couple drawers that have some room....pondering my options.


One of my goals is to have less on top of the kitchen cabinet. 
Cat treats...and my regular vitamins in the brown basket currently hang out here. 

I pulled everything out of the vitamin drawer except the vitamins and added the ones from the basket to put in the front. Yes, it is packed full now. I have duplicates and things I need to use up before I can start using others. I clearly should not buy any more for awhile! 


Below is my first attempt at using the space in this drawer.  I moved the blender stick and the pile of Berkey cleaning supplies to the back left corner. I had to take out one white tray to make room. 


I put that tray into this drawer with the trivets and potholders. 
It works! But what if....

 
I move the tray back! Oh, I really like this better. 


I moved the Berkey cleaning supplies to this other drawer, right below where we have our Berkey! 


I put the cat treats in the basket, back on the fridge...an improvement. 
But what if I put the treats in the drawer above with the clean cat bowls? 


A little messy, stuff full. This all makes sense to me! Cat food and bowls already near here. Berkey items with the Berkey. Oils in the drawer closest to oil diffuser on the counter. 


I decided to plop this plant (which I'd like to find a different pot for)...


into this basket on the fridge! 
I think the plant might like getting more light from the window on the door nearby. 


Believe it or not, these changes didn't take too long!

I'm so glad I made the effort to make things more efficient and have less stuff out on top of the fridge. As I write this post, I actually had a few ideas about some other things in my kitchen. Those will wait for another time! When was the last time you re-organized, rearranged your kitchen drawers or cupboards? 


No comments:

Post a Comment