Saturday, October 24, 2020

Holiday and Home Progress Week 8

It's another week of progress to report following Organized Home's House and Holiday Plan, which you can find here. 

Our family space is our living room at the front of the home with our television, coffee table and couches. It stays pretty tidy most of the time. I made the effort to wash the throw blankets and some deep dusting! As I write, I realize I should have opened the drawers on the coffee table and our end tables to see if any treasures exist that need to exit.

We are prepared for Halloween with a large stash of candy for trick or treaters. Did you catch that in my last post? No costumes, no party, no indoor or outdoor decorating. It's a different experience as empty nesters! 

In Christmas preparation, I added a few ideas for gifts to my list in my Christmas planner. I also began to set up my gift wrap station!  I need to add the scissors, the tape and a pen to write on gift tags.It does feel a little early, but the gifts have started arriving. I will wait a bit longer to start wrapping...like next week or the week after. 😀




Next week's plan is similar to this week with a focus on the living room (I only have one such space), being prepared for Halloween, and continuing shopping. I plan to use this next week to address envelopes for the few holiday cards we are mailing and continue to think about gifts. I will also consider stocking up with household products for the remainder of the year, as I have done in the past. 

How was your week? What did you accomplish? Where are you focused? 

As always I'm cheering for your success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment