Friday, November 27, 2020

Christmas Cleanout: Day 5 of 20

The Christmas Cleanout continues! 

I ended up decluttering my baking cabinet. It wasn't even on my list of areas I would tackle during this challenge. I noticed I had two open baking soda containers and one new one. I have been baking less, but when did I last declutter this cupboard?


I pulled most of the things out to investigate closer!



All of the baking items below were expired or had no date. I knew that those without a date had been around quite a while. The pepper shaker lost its mate and was stashed months back. No sense keeping it any longer even though part of our wedding china. The plastic butter bowl and little babies are no longer needed either. Off it goes!


Look at the date on that baking powder...February! At least the cocoa wasn't as old. 


So much better! 


I didn't realize that cupboard had been neglected. I'm considering another tweek of the items in here. I may move some of the rarely used baking tools, like the funnels and biscuit cutters to another out of the way spot since they are rarely used. I will save that for another time!

Do you have expired baking items in your home? We don't really know until we dig in and check. It's a great time to do it before any holiday baking may take place. I personally didn't make a list of things to replace as I expect to be doing far less baking this year, but it's not a bad idea to add the items tossed to your next grocery list, so you aren't caught unprepared. 

Share your progress on the Christmas Cleanout Challenge in the comments or the Organized Friends Facebook page. 




No comments:

Post a Comment