Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Christmas Cleanout: Day 8 of 20

Welcome back to another day of Christmas Clean Out progress.  Today, I'm diving into another bin of Christmas decorations. I changed things up this year and bought a color coordinated set of ornaments and a new tree skirt. This bin is basically all the ornaments and two tree skirts we didn't use this year. 


I'm letting go of one of my tree skirts. I made this country quilted one in my early twenties (may have started on it in high school!). We have used it many, many times. While it has meaning, I'm very tired of the country look. We have not used it the last two years, so it is taking up space. I'm ready to pass it on to someone who will likely find it in a thrift store and love its vintage look! 

I also found a few ornaments, a salt and pepper shaker set, a bow, and unused treat bags to donate. We had stored some of our ornaments in this old vintage box. I decided after removing several things that this box has seen better days and it can go also. I did check eBay, but the ones that sell have original ornaments which we do not have. It will be recycled. 



A few posts back I showed you a snowglobe that leaked. It went to the trash. It stained part of the white portion of our stockings green! The good news is I removed the green dye with a little bit of bleach and saved the stockings.

I may need to let a few more things go...like the inexpensive mini blue and silver tree ornaments. I like the colors. Some years, it's fun to pop them in a jar and call them a decoration. They would be very easy to replace if I did let go and change my mind. Since they fit in our three Christmas bins, I will keep a bit longer. Maybe by January I will have reconsidered! 


Is your tree up? Did you declutter any decorations as you decorated? Tell me about your Christmas Cleanout progress in the comments or on the Organized Friends Facebook page. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment