Thursday, January 21, 2021

A Closet and Papers

Hello Organized Friends!

I have been on a streak of some decluttering this month. All the kitchen items still need to leave. I found some things in my daughter's closet and then I ran into this closet. It's really a storage closet for things not often used: extra uniforms, luggage, sewing supplies, photos, bedding and of course the filing cabinet.


But this...mess below was a complete failure on my part. This was left from hurricane season. Photos and files we binned up just in case we would need to leave. But I never put it back!! We had dived into it and left papers and files on the floor. 


I emptied the bin, put the pictures back on the shelf, and the files back into the filing cabinet. 
Also a little tidy up as well. 


Better...
I needed the bin to corral the things I found elsewhere in the house. They didn't all fit!



I went back to the file cabinet and reviewed two of our most used files. I found 20 pieces of paper to let go of! Old receipts and manuals primarily. I also found a huge stack of manilla and hanging file folders that we no longer use. The file cabinet is only about 1/3 full at this point. I'm very interested in letting the cabinet go. I would need to find a new option first for what remains, in addition to downsizing a bit more.

Moving the minimalism needle a bit further! How minimal is your paper storage? Any January decluttering? 



No comments:

Post a Comment