Monday, May 8, 2023

Attempting A New Cleaning Schedule

Confession. I've never had a regular daily cleaning schedule. Yet....I AM able to keep a tidy home! Some weeks, I do clean something everyday. Some weeks, I procrastinate and it seems I only did laundry and cleaned a couple of the bathrooms. This may just be my style. I'm going to try an experiment with a daily cleaning task and try to stick with it for several weeks before I evaluate if it's working. 


I will note that we are very good at keeping up on dishes daily. We also run two to three loads of clothing through the washer each week without much of a schedule and that works for us. 

Here's my plan:

Sunday: take out household trash to curb

Monday: clean kitchen, water plants

Tuesday: dust upstairs, wash master bed sheets if needed

Wednesday: dust main level, wash bathroom towels

Thursday: clean upstairs bathrooms

Friday: clean lower level bathrooms, dust basement

I am not adding any cleaning tasks for Saturday. My husband generally does the floors, so those are not included. I expect the kitchen to take the longest. The easiest day is Sunday. I'm going to time myself the first week, and possibly second week. These tasks will take place at various times as each day I have other things to work around, but I hope I can get some of them done rather early in the day. 

I'm going to work on my mindset regarding the kitchen. I expect that some tasks will be done in the morning and some later in the afternoon, simply because of my schedule that day. I will be cleaning outside of stainless steel appliances, the stove top, glass kitchen light fixtures, sink, counters. There may be times where I add additional tasks, such as the inside of the fridge or oven. 

If you do your own cleaning, do you have a regular cleaning schedule? Do you do your weekly cleaning on multiple days or just one day a week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment