Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Wrapping Up October

Fall is one of my favorite seasons! The changing light, the changing colors of the trees. We made a point to walk a new to us trail last week. My favorite part was this row of old arching trees that lined a short path down to a creek. It felt like an enchanted forest! 


Self care I completed a Walk 30 Day Challenge with Michelle from My Everyday Wife Life on YouTube. I found a route this summer that I walked regularly that takes about 50 minutes and adds up to 2.6 miles walked. Yes, everyday in October! I lost a couple pounds and nearly 5 inches. 

Projects I completed two sewing projects. I did not get to a painting project. I'm clearly procrastinating that one! I actually can't wait to find time to fit in some more sewing. It may not be a priority until the new year though. 

Decluttering I decluttered quite a bit. Much more than I expected I might. The truth is there is always more, always something that is no longer needed. Old clothes, kitchen items, Christmas and household items were the most found. I did let go of some paper too. You can find the details on my October decluttering here. And know that I AM getting these things dropped off right away! 

Deep Cleaning My last project for deep cleaning this month was to dust these glass shelves in the kitchen. Despite the doors being closed most of the time, dust still accumulates.  I feel the house is set for the holidays. 


Christmas Preparations Yes, I continued to prep for Christmas. It wasn't a big focus of the month, but I know the things I did will help November and December be less stressful. My Christmas cards are written, addressed and stamped. I have purchased two more gifts and a couple stocking stuffers. I also purchased a new wreath for our front door. I also picked up some tissue paper, little gift bags and ornaments hooks. I will write more about Christmas preparations in November as that will again be a focus for the month. 


Another success in October was meal planning! I tried out three weeks at a time. Once meals were planned we shopped in full for the first week, as well as meat and non perishables for the following two weeks. The lists and needs for the final two weeks were short with primarily the perishables on the list. I loved this! It does take some effort up front to be thorough, but I loved the time savings. 

I love creating a focus for each month. It doesn't have to be a lot. It just a road map of where I want to put my attention. I'm very happy where my focus let me this month! 

How was your October? Do you have focus for November? 












No comments:

Post a Comment