Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Our Home Is Getting Lighter

 Our youngest daughter moves this week for her new job!

And our home is getting lighter. 

This room is getting filled with the packed boxes and furniture she is taking with her, so we can do quick work to fill the trailer after we pick it up. 


And she's finally addressing some of the papers, notebooks and books from school days of the past. I helped pull paper from notebooks to recycle and have about three notebooks worth of blank paper I can use! 


Planning, packing, decluttering, and organizing definitely give me an energy boost. I'm excited for her next chapter and to lighten the load of things in our home. There are still some of their things left behind for now, but easily stowed away in a closet when they are ready.  

If you have older children who have moved out, do you still store some of their things? When did they finally take it all? 




2 comments:

  1. My mother in law moved house and hubby got all of his stuff from her attic. We even have some childhood toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was just last year my mother in law gave my husband some memorabilia she saved for him. It wasn't things he saved for himself. I've been moving the girls things around for years since they have been in college! For the most part these are things they have saved for themselves. I'm very tempted to drop it all off at their places in 2024! Technically we have the room and it's not really in the way, so I shall see.

      Delete