Friday, December 8, 2023

A Little More Decorating

More decorating going on here! 

I put out our nativity today. Earlier in the month I was going to keep it simple with the wreath on the front door and the main tree up. But then I decided to get the stockings out, which took mere minutes to put up. My husband noticed the add on and seemed please to find a new decoration up! 


He's been out of town this week, so I thought it would be fun to get out the nativity. I'm sure he will notice this too and be pleased. This task didn't take long...although it would have taken less time if I hadn't dropped the donkey and had to glue two of his legs back on! 


I guess this was a year of simple and slow decorating! It's just enough. 

I honestly don't have much more I could put out after the big declutter in this past spring. I have another tree and ornaments. A JOY sign and a red lantern that I could put on the porch. I have two Royal Doulton figurines inherited from my grandmother, but I don't actually have many flat surfaces for them. I have a nearly a full bin of various ornaments from when I was little and our girls were growing up that we haven't used in at least four years. I'm considering them sentimental, more than decorations at this point. 

Have you completed your decorations for your holiday celebrations? Tell me about it in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment