Wednesday, March 6, 2019

15 Minute Challenge: Tidy Up

It's time for another installment of my 15 Minute Challenge!

On this particular day, it was mid afternoon. I needed to sit down to focus and write several of these blog posts in advance of my upcoming trip. I also needed to have one more 15 minute session to write about!

I set the timer for 15 minutes and went about doing some tasks.

I filled the sink with hot soapy water and added the blender and food processor I used earlier in the day. While they soaked for a couple minutes I watered my plants. I have four live ones that demand at least weekly waterings. Can you believe what they ask of me?! Ha, ha.



Back to the dishes. Scrub and rinse, set to the side to dry. Once complete, I dried all the parts and put them back together again. Kind of like Humpty Dumpty. I'm in a silly mood, don't mind me!


The timer had not gone off at this point, so I picked up a dead spider off the kitchen floor (no not with my bare hands) and wiped off the water I spilled on the counter when I watered the plants. I went back to the living room and wiped up the dead plant leaves. Then folded a blanket that was crumpled on the couch and put the catnip and brush in the coffee table drawer.



My next plan after the timer was complete was to sit down and write; so I made myself some lemon and ginger water to keep myself hydrated. We have to take care of ourselves, too, right?



And then the timer went off...

Towards the end of my session, I was thinking about how a tidy session here and there during the day can be helpful.  When I still had children at home, I would often spend 10 or 15 minutes just before leaving to pick them up from school by cleaning up the kitchen. I put things away in the dishwasher, wiped down the counters and gathered papers together. The girls so often came home and added their own papers and crumbs...makes perfect sense to do it BEFORE. I'm not so sure on that now, but it made me feel good leaving the house a little more tidy.

Do you have a regular tidy up routine at any point during your day? Do you have more than one?

What did you do today when you set your timer for 15 minutes? Tell me in the comments or at the Organized Friends Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment