Friday, October 4, 2019

Decluttering October: Expired Medicine & Personal Care Items

One of my decluttering mini missions this month is getting rid of expired items in our home and restocking if necessary. 

I looked in our linen closet and the basket on my fridge for expired medicines and vitamins. I also looked in our bathroom for personal care items that might have been stored there and found a few more items that needed to go. 


Luckily, it wasn't a lot but I was surprised the ibuprofen was expired in 2018. We rarely take that anymore, so I'm not replacing it unless there is a true need. In fact, nothing I tossed this time needs to be replaced, but if it did I would be adding the item to my next shopping trip. 

This was a fast task for me and took very little time as we store similar items in just a couple places. I mean honestly, this could probably be done during a commercial of your favorite evening show. 

I'm always thankful I have done this task in the early fall before anyone in our household falls ill. I can feel confident I have unexpired items available without having to run to the store at the last minute.

Are your medications unexpired? Do you need to add any medicinal staples to your stash? 


No comments:

Post a Comment