Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Planning October: Refreshed Christmas Planner with Resources

I love my Christmas Planner! It's satisfying to have all the important lists all in one pretty place. But I decided this year to make a couple of changes to refresh it.

I use a thin three ring binder to store all my notes.



I picked several pages from the Uncluttered Simplicity website, to complete my refresh. All printables were free to download after free email sign up (you can then unsubscribe if desired).  I did not print all the pages, just the ones that I knew I would use.


Calendar pages, to do list, gift list, menu plan, and notes. 

I customize my note and to do pages specific to different tasks. I will note the stocking stuffers on one list as I buy them, so I don't over or under buy for example. On another to do list, I might break down the big steps for a photo project, so it's less overwhelming. 



My three primary categories for my planner are a to do list, gift lists and baking. I also have a November and December calendar in the front, where I schedule in baking, shopping, wrapping, mailing, events and tasks from the to do list. 

I use the pocket in the front to store receipts, primarily in case of returns, but the information can be helpful in determining how much was spent. 

The baking section includes our most commonly used recipes for holiday baking. I have these in sheet protectors, so they stay clean during the baking process. I think we are going to bake less this year to cut down on our sugar consumption! 

I also have a page of notes, which is usually a recap of what I did during the season, and any changes I want to make for the following year. Turns out my recap list last year noted that there was a specific cookie I made for two years that my family didn't particularly like. So, I will not make those this year!

Using a basic notebook for your holiday thoughts and lists works fantastic too. I'm a big fan of using a spiral notebook for lots of other areas of my life. However, if you think you want to try a more customized planner this year, click on the website links I found that are offering their Christmas Printables they designed for free! If you don't like these options, Pinterest has more options!






Do you have a Christmas Planner? Are you printing new pages? What are you using to keep your Christmas lists organized? 

No comments:

Post a Comment