Tuesday, November 19, 2019

How I Freeze My Christmas Cookies

I did more baking!  Ginger Crinkle Cookies, a double batch specifically. We love these!! I think if we only made one cookie it would be these. The recipe I use can be found here.




I thought you would like to see how I freeze the cookies. It's not hard really. I use plastic containers with lids. For cookies, I simply stack them in the container, wrapped in some parchment paper. For fudge, which is sticker, I place parchment paper between layers of fudge.


And then...the containers get stacked in my freezer. 


Yes, I happen to have an empty freezer. We eat lots of fresh foods. We rarely have a full freezer, unless it is immediately after a weekly grocery shopping trip. 

Freezing cookies for a month or two does not change the taste or consistency. Cookies thaw very quickly, probably twenty minutes or so. Freezing is what allows me to make our baked goods early, and have less to do in December! 

Do you freeze baked goods in preparation for the holidays? Do you have another method for freezing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment