Thursday, December 5, 2019

My December Stocking Stuffer Tip

This year I focused on stocking stuffers early. Like October early! My girls have certain items that they consider tradition to get in their stockings, thus I can pick those items up early. I also found a laundry bag for putting in luggage on clearance after school started, so that really got the ball rolling.


It's too late to tell you to start early! 

My December tip for stocking stuffers is this: 

Buy things that take up room, are consumable, and cost very little as extra inexpensive fillers. 


Here's a few ideas to get you started:

Goldfish crackers
Bubble Bath
Bag or can of chips
Tissues
Apple
Orange
Bag of candy
Coloring book
Notebook

I think you get the idea. The items should take up space and be relatively inexpensive. Google is sure to have other ideas, but often they are things like a $10 bracelet. A bracelet doesn't take up space and lots of small, but more expensive items add up really fast. Definitely check out dollar stores, dollar bins and grocery stores for your stocking fillers. 

You might notice the stocking stuffers I have bought are in gift bags. I do this to keep the items separated and organized before Christmas Eve, when I move them to the stockings. I just realized, once they are complete, I could probably tape them up and put under the tree until Christmas Eve, too! 

What do you put in a stocking? Any larger, but inexpensive items as fillers to share? 



No comments:

Post a Comment