Sunday, December 8, 2019

Slow Decorating Progress! Still No Tree Up!

It's a full week into December and we still have not put up our artificial Christmas tree. That is first! We are slow decorating this year. A little comes out at a time! I'm actually really enjoying it. 

My pictures are random and not necessarily the order that I brought them out. 

I made this wreath for the front door, with supplies from Hobby Lobby. Grapevine wreath, six various springs and some ribbon turned into a bow. I did have to watch a YouTube video on how to make the bow, but it was quick and fun to put together! 


I put out this sign on a windowsill. It might just be my favorite decoration this year! 


And this might be a close second. Simple felt berries added to a basket of greens. 



Here I swapped out the pink flowers for red, and the white lantern for the tall red one. I like the items all separately, but not sure I yet like the grouping. Oh you didn't know I wasn't a professional decorator! Well now you do.


The day after we returned from our Thanksgiving trip we did put up two strands of globe lights on our front porch and balcony. They come on every night for a few hours. 


The next day I put the pillows I made in early November on the chairs for a little pop of color. My mums are still hanging in there...may have to move those at some point. 


Our nutcracker has emerged as well. He is in our dining room, but I may move him to the upstairs hallway by our girls bedrooms. He can greet them each night when they go to bed while visiting. 


And I popped this little sign up on the shelf in my kitchen. 


Slowly little infusions of festive Christmas decor are filling our home. I'm finding it very pleasing!

Is your tree up? Are you done decorating or are you doing a similar type of slow decorating? 

No comments:

Post a Comment