Saturday, August 1, 2020

Health Habits Organized

My word for the year is transformation. 

At the beginning of the year, I was trying to pinpoint what that transformation meant for me. It seemed related to my physical body or potentially a work opportunity. Of course, I had no idea that the world would nearly stop! We are now in a global transformation that is still unfolding and likely will be for the coming years. I cannot control that transformation, but I can control my own. We have five months left of 2020, which is significant time to make some progress. 

To jumpstart my transformation, I am participating in a Healthy Habits challenge during the month of August. I have printed out four copies of a Healthy Habits Tracker from Michelle from My Everyday Wife Life on YouTube. The tracker she provided could simply be done on a basic piece of notebook paper, if one didn't have a printer. 

Michelle has created three categories with three lines to specify three habits to work on for each category. There are boxes to check off for each day of the week if that habit was completed for the day. These are the three categories:
  • Healthy Eating
  • Water & Exercise
  • Self Care
I have quite a few healthy habits that are good, but there is always room for improvement.  I could do better with drinking more water. I walk daily, but I could go farther. I could also add strength training. I often meditate, but I could be more consistent. I may consider changing it to twice a day, too. 

Organizing isn't just for the physical things in our homes, but also organizing habits that help create a life we want to be living. I want a physically fit, healthy body so I can live a vibrant life throughout. 


I'm still flushing out what I will do for each category, so will come back to you in a week (or less) to let you know what I am working on and how it is going. I do have a trip in the middle of the month, so that should make some habits interesting! Please join me in creating new health habits during the month of August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment