Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Healthy Habits: Meditation

I'm a meditator. I have been since 2008 when I started dealing with anxiety. Meditation has so many benefits, but for me it gives my mind and body a way to relax for a little while. I nearly crave it daily now.

I added meditation to my daily healthy habits challenge this month because I wanted to try a 21 day meditation experience with Deepak Chopra. It was suggested by my sister and was a welcome offer, after another 21 day meditation for weight loss experience didn't pan out. You can find the meditation I'm following here.

I have been 100% successful in completing each day of this meditation experience so far! I am enjoying it for the most part, although I'm not used to having it all explained to me for the first six minutes each day. I am committed to seeing it through. 

I have been doing this meditation after my walk. I sit outside on my back porch listening to it through the app. It takes just 15 minutes and I'm relaxed and ready to continue my day. 

Do you meditate? What other ways do you find to relax your mind and body?

No comments:

Post a Comment