Friday, November 20, 2020

Christmas Cleanout: Day 2 of 20

I'm committing to 20 sessions of decluttering before Christmas arrives. I have a list of potential spaces, but it could be one day I come up with random items, too. Today, I am pulling out one Christmas bin for review. It ends up being part of my Christmas prep as well, so I am reminded what we have and what I may want to use this year. 


Liberty, our cat, thought she would help too!


At first glance I was pretty sure I would keep everything. I didn't unpack it all, as some is well protected, and I'm not decorating yet. I'm still considering a slow decorating season like last year. 

One item that was packed up, caught my eye. I wasn't sure what it was and something didn't seem right. Turns out this snow globe leaked!! All the water was out and the green tissue paper was slightly damp. Unfortunately, there is a little mold growing on it, too.


But it gets worse. The water leaked out of the bag it was in, too. This dyed the white portion of the stockings green from the tissue paper. Our girls have had these stockings their whole lives. I know they are replaceable, but this was just very disappointing. 



Here's the bin now. A little less stuff. 


Below is what I am letting go of: a mini tree with blue garland and a star, ribbon, the damaged snow globe and the two stockings. I may try to get the dye out before I make a final toss on the stockings. 


Have you ever had water damage in your Christmas bins? Are you decluttering before you decorate? I also try to make note each year of what I didn't put out...which helps me to decide if it is really worth keeping for the next year! 

Tell me about your Christmas Cleanout progress here in the comments or on the Organized Friends Facebook page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment