Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas Cleanout: Day 19 of 20

Merry Christmas week! 

I'm sure many are finishing final shopping and preparations for the holiday. Minds are not as focused on decluttering, which is probably as it should be. I did finish up last week, but have scheduled the reports to finish up before Christmas Eve. I will have a final report on full progress and insights of this cleanout challenge after the holiday, at that point it may just inspire you to start your own end of year or new year cleanout! 

I might even need another January cleanout!!! This challenge has made me aware of many areas that need tweaking in addition to areas that I never addressed. It is true that decluttering can be an ongoing process. It does get easier and less is found as we lean in towards minimalism, but it is a process that has to be repeated and reviewed.

Let's look at the patio and the garage!

Decluttering (trashing) dead plants is a thing, right? 



I put the empty pots in the garage until spring. I trimmed up my basil plant. It did well this year, but will need a bigger pot if I keep it. I'm hopin my pepper plant can survive the southern winter if I keep it protected. 


I removed a mum and put this plant in. It didn't bloom at all, so if it blooms in the spring I will keep it. 


On to the garage....where Christmas exploded off the shelves! 



Letting two extra chairs go. Offered up for free. I got four for free awhile back, keeping two. 


I reviewed the shelves and some of the bins. Extra drop cloths and empty propane off to the trash, offered up the buckets for free, and trashed the helmet that was replaced recently. 


A garage is a little overwhelming sometimes. I skipped some bins and ignored some things in all honesty. But I did get some things out that weren't of any use and needed to go! 

Report 19 complete! See you soon for one last Christmas Cleanout report before the holiday! 








No comments:

Post a Comment