Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Christmas Cleanout: Day 20 of 20

I'm wrapping up the Christmas Cleanout today! The weight that has been lifted with all the decluttering progress is noticeable. I feel ready to focus on the holiday celebration with a clean slate! 

Today, I have big report coming from the kitchen once again. I completed a few cupboards with success earlier this month, so why not do a few more!

This holds pie plates, serving platter, excess kitchen tools and cookie cutters (in the box), serving bowls, cutting boards, colanders, food processor, and a salad spinner (behind the food processor). 


I'm letting go of the large cutting board, egg white separator, cookie scoop and heart cookie cutter. 


Removing the large cutting board made a difference!  I like the cutting boards up on their side for now. 


Next up the drawer under the oven. What do you store under yours? 


I pulled this pizza board out. We haven't used in quite some time. 


Two more cupboards to go!


Pots and pans!

The pot on the left is now only used to create steam in the winter when the air is dry. I'm relocating it to an out of the way space. Letting go of the lid to it, a fry pan we replaced and a vintage aluminum cupcake pan. 


A bit better...sorry for the dark photos. 


And how about one more cupboard?


I have two glass pyrex and three lids. Do I really need all three lids?


I have three bread loaf pans. Do I need three? It's been awhile since I used the glass one. I could use the glass one as a storage container, right? 


I kept all the bread pans. I found one expired condiment and letting the extra glass lid go. 


The after pictures....


As I let go of things I did see possibilities for reorganizing for better use. I will move the glass loaf pan with the lid to my storage container cupboard and see if I start using it for leftovers. 


I may move things I use more often to more prominent areas of my cupboards for easier access. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a few tweaks to my kitchen organization. 

Do you have expired items in your cupboards? Extra lids or pans you don't use? Could you use an item in a different way in your home?

Thank you so much for following my Christmas Cleanout!! It was helpful to know I was accountable to a few people who were interested in my progress. I didn't complete an entire house cleanout. There's another closet in our master bedroom that has gotten out of hand. The girls rooms still have a lot of items that need to go, but I do have to work with them to process those things. 

I'll be back soon. Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment