Saturday, December 26, 2020

Post Holiday Decluttering Report

I hope you had a beautiful celebration of the season last week!

It's the time of year where many people are ready to turn the calendar and wipe the slate clean. We are in the mindset to create new beginnings. Often one of the new beginnings is to declutter and get organized. Are you feeling that energy yet? 

As you begin to let go, have you considered how the items will leave your home yet? What is your plan for the final exit?


Here's how my Christmas Cleanout items from November and December left our home: 

We sold all of these online! I specifically used a Facebook Sale page for our local area. 






We gave away items free on the porch, again using groups on Facebook to catch the attention of interested people! Here's some photos of what I put out for the taking. 




The really good stuff was snatched up within an hour. The chairs did take two postings for some reason, but snatched up fast after the second post. Not everything was taken of course. I figured if I'm willing to give to charity, I am willing to give free to someone willing to pick up off my porch. 

The third and final exit was a trip to the thrift store with these items. I was ready for it to go!! Felt so good to drop off our excess things. 


Goodbye! Farewell! Thank you for your service to our family, may you bless your usefulness to another family. Thanking your items for service is a tip from Marie Kondo! 

Often we over think how the items have to leave. I could have kept it simple, dropping off at the thrift store only. Please follow the method that works for you to help your items make their fastest exit! You took the time to decide that you do not need or want the item, do not let the decision on how the item exits the home hold you back from actually getting the items out. 

It helps to decide BEFORE you start decluttering what your method(s) will be. It's also important to know how long will you keep items in the home waiting to sell or porch pickup before they make their final exit. My goal was to have the items out by the end of December. I do have a couple small exceptions, but I have given myself until the end of January on those items. 

Are you ready to declutter in January? I plan to post some inspiration in the coming days and weeks right here on the blog and on the Organized Friends Facebook page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment