Thursday, December 31, 2020

Year End Update

Happy New Year's Eve! 

(Or maybe you found this in 2021, in that case Happy New Year!)

Earlier this week I was a bit overwhelmed and made myself this list to lift the procrastination that was setting in. I completed it all, in addition to other regular life tasks!

  • take down all holiday decorations except the tree
  • wash our bedding
  • clean the bathrooms
  • shred receipts
  • close out 2020 budget
  • close out 2020 Christmas planner
  • read one chapter of new book

The final task was to close out my Christmas planner. I didn't use it much this year. I made a basic to do list, brainstormed gift ideas and then later made a list of actual gifts given in addition to some notes for next year. Apparently, I only need four or five pages of notes each year. Thus, next year, I'm going to simplify the Christmas planner!

I also made an impromptu decision to post two strands of Christmas globe lights and a 24 inch Nutcracker on a local FB page. All left my home on the same day posted! 



There will be more to share in 2021! With another move on the horizon in 2021, I will definitely be looking to release more things that no longer serve us, in addition to finding the right level of minimalism for us. 

Thank you to everyone who reads about my decluttering and organizing. Sharing helps motivate me to get it done! My wish is that it inspires you to make your home, your spaces what you dream them to be. Decluttering is one decision at a time. It's a process, a journey that is very worth the effort.

See you next year! 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment