Friday, September 22, 2023

Checking Back In: A Productive Week

My own post last week inspired me! This week I took action.

Early in the week I did a big declutter of the desk in my kitchen. I had too many papers on the counter and papers stuffed in a cabinet below. I dedicated some time to tossing out the old and filing what needed to be kept. A refresh of this space is just what I needed to start a new season. 



I found my Christmas notes from the last three years. I grabbed a notebook and started brainstorming for this year. I have already decide to pick up more stamps at the grocery store next time I am there. I also know I have plenty of greeting cards. Reviewing what the needs are in advance help relax me so much in December! Still plenty to plan, but I have started. 


My husband was home from work to enjoy much needed time off. In order to have some time together to have an outing or two, I found myself doubling up my regular daily cleaning. But yet, I also found time to do some deeper cleaning. I wiped out the fridge yesterday! I will do the freezer next week when it has less in it. I made note that the oven needs a good interior cleaning, as does the coffee and tea pots. If I don't get to them in September they will be on my October list! 



Around here it's a productive week, when I declutter! When I decluttered earlier this year the garage didn't get my full attention. Turns out I have been hoarding pots! So these went to recycling. An old hose holder was trash, so into the bin it went. 


I also found some pots, some wall hangers, and tote bin that are no longer needed and can be donated. 


I'll make a note to drop any donations I find by the end of October. I most likely won't be decluttering much after that. Although, if you search 'Christmas Cleanout' on this blog you should find 20 days of decluttering I did in December of 2020. It's possible I'll be inspired once again. 

A very productive week! Next week, I will focus on a project I want to complete by the end of September. I hope to also make another two week meal plan and make a big shopping trip. And if I can start putting my plans on the calendar for the next three months that will be helpful too! 

Planning ahead helps our minds and bodies relax. Decluttering does the same, creating open spaces to relax our eyes. Find where you need to focus this week, or next month to create more peace and calm in your home!











No comments:

Post a Comment