Friday, September 29, 2023

Deep Cleaning and Planning

Let's Wrap Up September! 


Decluttered

As I mentioned last week, I found several things in the garage to release. This week I helped my daughter get new clothes for interviewing after she realized quite a few things no longer fit. Out with the old in with the new! I hope to add to the growing pile and drop off at the end of October. 

Deep Cleaned

I used the last part of this month to start deep cleaning. It is time for several areas to be done before the holiday. Fridge was cleaned out last week. This week, I cleaned the freezer drawers, the tea pot and coffee maker. There is more on my list to complete by the end of October. I probably have another four or five items on the list, so about one extra task per week. 



Planned

I meal planned for three weeks of October, so that we can make a large purchase of meat and non perishables at the base commissary this weekend for some savings. This involved multiple lists, as I'm not buying everything I need for three weeks. We will fill in at our regular store for the perishable fruits and vegetables. 

I also did a big brain storm of Christmas missions. I have lists from the last three years, so that helps. I do need to go back and neaten my list up. The main idea I came away from was to start making some purchases of known needs, specifically stamps, stocking stuffers and gift wrap tape. I may have a sewing project, so I did some planning for that. If I do the project, the goal will be to complete it in October.

Oh, I did pick up the stamps and one stocking stuffer this week. And I might have started hoarding boxes again as a few items came in the mail and it is the season! IYKYK!



What did you accomplish in September? Are you making plans for the week or much farther ahead? The best way to not be stressed in December is to plan and take action in October and November! 









No comments:

Post a Comment