Friday, September 15, 2023

Preparing for A New Season

Have the temperatures cooled for you? Are you noticing less light and the trees changing colors? This is the start of a new season. If you have followed me for awhile, you know that for many years I have begun Christmas and holiday preparations early. This year will be no different. I actually have one gift I can buy already!


I am in the beginning stages of pondering what the final months of the year will bring and how best to make use of my time and plan a meaningful season. This is basically brain dumping. Making notes, and asking myself questions about what is the priority, what needs to get done, what I'd like to get done and what tasks can wait for another season. 

Earlier this week, I actually made a meal plan for the rest of September! I usually only plan for a week at a time. This weekend I will be shopping for everything that is a non perishable at the military commissary nearby. My hope is that during these busier months, meal planning further in advance will be a time and money saver. This is the first try at it, so fingers crossed! 

I also usually stock up on toiletries, and other household goods this time of year. Think toilet paper, dish detergent, personal care items, ect. It's a bummer to run out of something in the midst of the busy season and need to make an extra trip. I have also found that it keeps me out of the stores more, and less tempted to buy all the holiday items on display! 

The next two weeks for me are about prioritizing what is essential for the rest of the year. October and November are for preparing for December. December is primarily about celebrating love and light, where there will be more downtime, but also time to celebrate with family. It's been a joy to find myself in a relaxed place during what I notice is frantic for many others. 

I'll check back in soon and give you some insight into what I have prioritized and planned. But in the meantime, consider doing your own preparations for a new season, one that is proactive and relaxing. 

3 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. We have started Christmas shopping, plus a few things for our youngest daughter's birthday. Santa visit has also been booked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on it with booking that Santa visit!! I placed my first order for a Christmas gift last week as well.

      Delete
    2. We now have a few Christmas presents bought, just a few books for the kids.

      Delete