Friday, September 1, 2023

Letting Go of More

Here we are...two thirds of the way through 2023!! One of my intentions this year was to go through our entire home touching every item and deciding what was essential and a good use of my time and attention. I am the inventory manager after all...and I want less inventory to manage.

As the month of August wrapped up, I realized I had a couple stashes of donations that needed to get out! A couple t shirts from my closet. A stash in the front entry. A few items in the kitchen I had mentally labeled as 'time will tell' . Turns out time said I was not using those at all. And there were items stashed in a donation bin in the basement. 

Here's a picture of what left....I won't bore you with the specific items.


My daughter offered up a few clothing items she no longer wanted. 


I also ditched some old garden fencing type material we inherited with the house. We haven't used it in nearly ten years and can't quite imagine needing it. 


There is more to let go of in 2023. I need to find my original list and figure out if I have looked at every room yet. If memory serves, the garage didn't get my full attention. I know there are things in there that need to go. I also should review files and photos. 

For now, I celebrate letting go of the excess inventory! 

Do you have a donation bin in your home that is full (maybe overflowing)? Consider making the final effort to get those items out of your house and to your preferred donation center soon! 

Thank you Friends from the former Organized Friends Facebook page for joining me here. 






1 comment: