Saturday, November 11, 2023

November Progress And A Need to Refocus

Hello Friends! How are you? Have you found your focus, your essentials for this month? 


My intention for November was to keep things simple. Keep the focus rather narrow. Self care, holiday preparations and finish four projects. Overall, I seem to be keeping to the theme. 

I did finish the four items that I deemed projects. But I added in a couple more sewing projects last week! Oops. I'm having too much fun getting back into sewing, if there is such a thing as too much fun. Christmas planning and preparations are moving along. I have wrapped everything that has been purchased so far. 

I also found myself decluttering, which wasn't on my list for this month. But my mind got to thinking about some things and I decided if on my mind, best to take action and coral them into my donation bin or trash.

Here's some pics of things that are leaving. 








I don't regret the decluttering, but just noticed that the focus was not where I intended to be this month.I had the idea of one item a day, which had my mind figuring what I could pull each day. I can come up with multiple items in a day, it's unnecessary to play the daily game. I think during this holiday season, that is an unnecessary stress. So yes, if something comes to mind or I see it, I'll take action. But I'm letting the idea of decluttering one item a day go. 

I'm taking pretty good care of myself. Exercise daily, many times with a walk outside in the fresh crisp morning air. I'm also eating pretty well, but not perfect. Aware that if I start to feel stress, I want to eat chips lately. So that awareness, has me working to make other choices as a way to deal with the stress. Just taking a moment to recognize it and breathe is often helpful. Emotions can pass right through the body if we acknowledge them and allow it. 

There's a one night trip, that wasn't expected or planned coming up this week. Plus more vehicle repairs that will work out, but again not expected nor welcome. These are minor compared to many things others are experiencing in the world. I am resilient. We are all resilient. 

For now, the sewing machine and tools have been put away. The table has been reset as my space to wrap gifts. I will continue to make gift purchases and set aside time to wrap them each week. I will continue to care for myself, allowing space to relax and go at a slower pace than I have been. Fewer projects and less focus on decluttering. 

Thanks for reading friends! I hope you are finding balance and an essential focus this month. Take care of yourselves!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment