Sunday, December 3, 2023

Welcome December!

Hello Friends!

November went so fast I never got back to posting an update or two. As of today, all Christmas shopping is complete. Everything is wrapped. Gifts that are being mailed are going out on Monday. The few Christmas cards I do send will go out this week as well. As you can see in the picture the tree is up. I have a lighted wreath on the front door and I hung two stockings on the mantle today. That's it for decorations this year.


December is starting out in a whirlwind. Our youngest daughter is accepting her first post college job in another town about 3 hours away later this month, so we are helping her launch and move out! Bitter sweet. We will miss seeing her daily, but excited for her to be self supporting. Bonus is that plenty of items will leave my home as a result. 

I'm very grateful for my very advanced Christmas planning in October and November, so that I can be fully present to assist with the move and not be under additional pressure to 'do all the Christmas' at the same time. I can focus on the move, my self care (exercise and whole foods eating) and enjoying the season a little at a time. 

I have a digital subscription to Simplify Magazine. The most recent issue has multiple articles about Focus. I'm looking forward to gleaning more on this topic as I do believe it is key to getting where we want to go. We need focus to clear our homes of clutter, make health changes or take on a project. I even wrote a post about Focus in October. After I read the articles, I hope to be inspired with new focus for the new year ahead. Interesting to ponder where I will be in 2024.  

I wish you a beautiful December! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment